Activated Carbon (Charcoal) Cloth was originally invented by the British Ministry of Defense for inclusion in chemical warfare suits.
DOUBLE WEAVE Activated Carbon Cloth for air and water purification, gas masks, artifact protection, ODOR control, and more.
Today it has been developed for use in many odor control situations including industrial, medical, and domestic applications.
CarboCloth Activated Carbon Cloth has an extremely large surface area (1,000-2,000m2/g), being predominantly microporous. This, combined with the strong electrostatic forces developed within the cloth, enables the cloth to be highly efficient at adsorbing vapors and solvents.
ADVANTAGES of ACTIVATED CARBON CLOTH
* 100% Activated Carbon
* Faster adsorption kinetics
* Higher purity filtration
* Higher Vapor uptake
* More efficient in humid applications.
* Smaller filtration beds
* Structurally self supporting***
* Textile type properties
* Long shelf life - can be hand-washed many times to remove minor soiling
***Must be laminated/quilted with other material for more than passive applications.
APPLICATIONS FOR FM100 WOVEN ACTIVATED CARBON CLOTH
• Oil mist filters in compressed air
• Gas sensor protectors and filters
• Protection of artifacts from tarnish and degradation
• Water purification
• Air purification
• Escape masks
• Low weight reduced resistance respirator canisters
DOUBLE WEAVE - twice the thickness and surface density as the SINGLE WEAVE.
NOTE: This is not a stand-alone product. It must be quilted with or supported by a more durable cloth/binder.
COLOR - CHARCOAL
WIDTH - 39 inches
For FULL 300 ft. rolls please Contact Us
**** BECAUSE OF SENSITIVITY OF PRODUCT, NO RETURNS ACCEPTED ONCE REMOVED FROM SEALED SLEEVE****